Sunday 28 August 2011

Weekend Progress 28/08/11

Well its all finished, the baseboards, lighting and background have been completed.



Completed Left Hand Side




Completed Right Hand Side



 All in all it was a pretty straightforward process, Friday night the LED lights arrived at 6pm, by 10:30 I had this:



LED Lights installed
 By Saturday night, I had installed all of the remaining backscenes, and begun filling/sanding/painting the backscenes. Once I bought the paint home I realised that it was far too blue:
Looks more like the ocean, not the sky...
Fortunately I found a large tin of white paint in the shed, same brand and low sheen.. So after mixing a bit of both, it bought it to a much more natural colour:


Sanded and ready for a proper shade of blue

So on Sunday afternoon, 2 coats of blue paint now looks something like this:












When I first hooked up the LED's, I calculated I would probably need 4 transformers, at 5A each. While at Bunnings on Saturday I walked past a cheap multimeter and checked the four transformers - they where only pulling around 1.7A each, so I merged the two sides into a transformer each:



Thats it for now, next week I start the spline roadbed, which will be a bit of a challenge.. during the week I'll cut and tape the layout 1:1 plan together so I can mark the risers before I start the splines..

-Aaron.

No comments:

Post a Comment