Wednesday 10 August 2011

Weekend Update 07/08/11 - Primary Benchwork Complete


It is complete! after 4 weeks or so of cutting, glueing and screwing the benchwork is finally complete, along with the most tedious part, the peninsula. In the end I'm happy with it, it is rock solid and all that needs to be added are the two tables supporting the helixes.

I have also started to clamp the masonite backboards in place, as a test fit for this weekends job of installing them. Some will need ~5mm taken off as they are slightly too wide.



I hope this week to take delivery of two 5m LED strips for testing the lighting setup, if they work I will order the rest in the coming weeks - the plan is to install and paint the masonite backboards this weekend/next week.

In Other News...

I have placed an order for 2 pieces of flextrack to begin programming my decoders for the one Loco I have at present - a Bachman SD45. It will be fitted with a TCS M1 decoder which has also been ordered.

I have pre-ordered some 36" wheelsets (200) from Fox Valley Models to use for block detection, I will fit two metal wheels to each car as they will be used for block detection only.

I have also ordered some Micro Trains barber wheelsets to convert my walthers stack cars to micro-trains trucks and couplers, along with some couplers for the SD45. In the same order I decided to get a wheel cleaner and a height gauge - If I'm going to start I might as well start properly.

Until next weekend....

No comments:

Post a Comment